Thursday, September 17, 2009

Goings on

Here is our backyard picnic. J1 loves eating in the backyard for some reason. It was J2's first time and, really, it didn't work out so well. He didn't understand the concept of eating by just sitting on a blanket but who cares, we had fun anyway. The main problem was that he kept walking on all the food and then stealing all of J1's pretzel sticks. He had hands full of them and still kept trying to take the rest - dropping the ones he had trying to get new ones.



J2 then moved on to eating strawberries - not sure why we still have some but at least he always has a snack when he goes outside. Sometimes he eats the greenery too but I guess that is good fiber.



Another day I was taking pictures of the garden and the fruit trees so J1 decided he needed to take pictures too. He has this great kid's digital camera that he got for Christmas or his birthday (who can remember when they are 5 days apart?) - I have never taken pictures off of it but it will be fun to do. That will be it's own blog post I think.



On a "cold" day we were again outside - I think J2 looks so much older when he is wearing long sleeves and long pants. The picture of the hand is J1's pet slug. He kept playing with it until he squished it and then was telling me it was sleeping before going to find its mommy. Poor slug!



J1 looks very happy in this picture but shortly after that he was throwing a fit - can't remember what about. I had him go sit on the stairs which is sort of like a time out but I only do it when he is having a meltdown. I take him there, very calmly, and just tell him to sit there until he is done. He still cries for a bit but at least he is out of my sight and I can't hear him well. This night he fell asleep for a bit - he must have been very tired which probably led to the meltdown in the first place. I can't believe he didn't fall off the stair.



On another note, I will be on a couple of scrapbook designer's creative teams starting next month. This means I make some layouts with their kits and promote their work around the digi scrapbooking world. I am very excited - look for the posts in the future right here. Along with it I will probably get a new look for my blog and hopefully be posting more often.

We recently went to the zoo and I have new garden pictures so I'll get those posted soon. I keep thinking that it takes a really long time to post here but his only took me about 15 minutes - I just need to keep that in mind.

I am watching the season finale of Gray's Anatomy right now - to get geared up for the new season starting next week. I'll have to see if I can talk the mister into letting me watch it, but if not, it will be on the DVR!

1 comment:

  1. Nice post! I love seeing and "hearing" what you all are up to. So funny, you're getting busier when I"m cutting back--we seem to do that every 5 years or something!

    ReplyDelete