Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A dinner picnic and the Greek Fest

A couple of weeks ago J1 decided we needed to have a "dinner picnic" - basically eating outside on the deck. He loves a picnic and it makes for easier cleanup. Presumably the birds would eat the dinner debris and I wasn't forced to sweep yet again!






We also recently went to the Greek Festival in Portland. The mister and I have gone nearly every year since we met. We actually met at a Greek Restaurant (thanks Mo!) so it is sort of symbolic I guess. We really only go for the food though - so yummy! I think the servers are sort of disgusted with me, however, because I always order my gyro without tomatoes and onions - apparently some sort of affront to Greek cooking! I have been going to the Greek festival for many years, even before meeting the mister. My bff D took me with her family way back in the day.



Here we are just after eating. Trying to coerce J1 to look at the camera and not make a face - not an easy task!




Here is the church and the sign they have every year. I understand the intent - they have a beer garden as part of the festival and you aren't allowed to leave the premises, surely a condition of the alcohol license. But still, it is a funny sign!





You can't buy anything with actual cash, you have to buy "talents" and get your food that way. Maybe so it doesn't seem like you are spending a fortune for lunch? Not really sure. And of course, they always have kids dancing in their elaborate costumes. J1 enjoyed watching that a lot.




For some reason, we always end up parking near this playground so inevitably we have to hang there for a bit after we leave the festival. The boys had a blast though!




J2's first time on a merry-go-round - he liked it. Only fell off once!


And the slide - J2 was crazy about it. And all the pictures showed his reflection - way cooler than I knew when I was taking it!



post signature

2 comments: