Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Happenings

Well, things have been pretty tame since we returned from Alaska. I did have a birthday but, now that I think about it, not actually a birthday cake. Maybe my MIL will have a get together at her house and get one (a small hint??). :)

The mister's sister and her family did call and sing happy birthday as did my MIL. J1 also sang it upon my prompting and I had him do it again later to film.


While looking through those, I found these two of J2. In the first one he is playing with a balloon left over from his birthday - 2 months ago. This balloon provided many hours of entertainment and joy - thanks D! Hey, I never paid you back for those did I? I suck.

This one was of J2 "jumping" on the mini trampoline in our family room. He loves jumping - hooray, another boy who likes to jump. I wonder if there is another kind?

Saturday the mister and I went to see the new Harry Potter movie. We went to Cinetopia http://www.cinetopiatheaters.com/cinema/theaters.htm and sat in the living room theater. Second row from the top, directly in the center. Fabulous seats. Sure, it is a bit more expensive than your average theater but we only go to a movie a couple times a year so the splurge is worth it and the movie was great. The boys were at D's and she was having a party so they had a blast. Sunday the mister went to a car show in Woodburn that is for Mopar cars. I know, blah, blah, blah, insert Peanut's teacher talk here. But he had fun. Here is his car on display at the show.

I was left at home with this huge zucchini from my MIL to deal with.



I put the pencil in for reference. She has these in her garden and I barely have flowers on my yellow squash. Bitter. Anyway, I managed to make 6 loafs of bread and 12 muffins with this sucker. I gave away 4 of the loafs and froze one of them.

With the fruit bounty in the summer, the boys have been eating fruit like crazy. Here are some recent pictures of the fallout.




This was raspberries from the Vancouver Farmer's Market - they were extremely good.



J2 and I went to the produce store last night because, for some reason, they carry this taco salad dressing that the mister likes and we can't find anywhere else. My garden is overflowing with lettuce so the mister suggested taco salad. We are having it again tonight with chicken instead of beef. And really, I will probably have it for lunch too, since I have leftovers. Anyway, the lady at the store gave J2 a huge strawberry which started this mess and I bought some blackberries (I know, *bought* blackberries - I would pick them if I knew a place that wasn't right by a road) and this mayhem ensued. At least it does get better. J1 wasn't quite as messy as J2 - there is hope.


D gave J1 a Spiderman costume. He has never been much into costumes. I had a pirate one for him last Halloween (to match J2's pirate costume) and he refused to wear it. Would not put even one part of it on. He was okay with a cowboy costume which consisted of chaps and a vest over his normal clothes. None of which prepared me for this:



He kept asking me to go outside and take pictures and did the same thing the next night. I remember my youngest nephew liked to wear costumes. Maybe it will be a thing although he hasn't worn it since.

No comments:

Post a Comment