Sunday, August 2, 2009

Dinosaurs, snakes and the dentist

I have been pretty busy lately but we have been having fun. I was looking through a box of animal figurines that my sister gave me back in the day. I was hoping there was some dinosaurs in there since J1 is liking them quite a bit lately thanks to the Land Before Time movies. I didn't find any dinosaurs but there was an incredibly long snake that has joined our family. It isn't a girl or a boy snake, it's just a snake. J1 usually attributes gender to his things - his blanket is a her - but not snakes I guess. It doesn't have a name either but it apparently likes to watch the dinosaur movies because it keeps requesting them.

Speaking of dinosaurs, I got this book http://www.amazon.com/National-Geographic-Dinosaurs-Paul-Barrett/dp/0792282248 at a National Geographic warehouse sale a couple of years ago, remembering that my eldest nephew had a thing for dinosaurs and anticipating that the boys might as well. Well, since watching the LBT movies, J1 has been wanting me to read this book to him. Makes me want to jump out the window - it is pretty excruciating. Plus, I can't pronounce most of the names, which is the main thing he wants to know. I found this website http://www.kidsturncentral.com/topics/dinosaurs/dinonames.htm which has them phonetically spelled out. Now I just need to figure out how to pronounce the phonetic things. Anyway, I plan on printing these out and leaving them in the book. If I don't "accidentally" lose the book that is.

The boys went to the dentist Friday. I have been taking J1 since he was 6 months old I think. I was hoping that by taking him early he wouldn't be scared. Well, it seemed to be working until his appointment when he turned 3. He refused to let them clean his teeth - it was scary he said. It was much the same this time except the dentist came in and actually cleaned most of them and then brushed on the fluoride. J1 got him back by spitting on the floor - twice. I acted horrified but it was actually pretty funny. J2 did fine but he is Mr. Random Tooth-Getter. He has all four on the top plus one molar on the top and only one tooth on the bottom so far. He looks a bit WT with that one bottom tooth - it even looks a bit crooked! The dentist said not to worry so I'm not!

No comments:

Post a Comment