Friday, August 7, 2009

Vacation Days Continued

Well, the temps finally cooled down which helped with sleeping. And the mister's cousin put heavy drapes on the windows in our room so the boys would stop getting up with the sun so that was nice too. The blackberry expedition was a success - they came home with 13 gallons or something and we got to eat some and a pie was made today. We went up to the cabin for dinner Monday night and had grilled burgers and hot dogs. We weren't up there too late.



Tuesday my MIL and I took the boys into town (Baker City) to a park which was great fun except it was so hot and muggy we only stayed about 45 minutes or so. Then she took us to Bi-Mart to get the boys some new toys so J1 thought that was fab. She got him this motorcycle thing that comes with a screwdriver and it comes all apart - very cool! There are many different ones listed on the box but I couldn't find any online even. Lame!

That afternoon we headed back up to the cabin for dinner again. I got to play some Mexican Train Dominoes - I don't get to play games very often so I was excited to do so. For those of you not familiar - it is a very fun game - check out Wikipedia: Mexican Train. The boys (the mister and his cousin too, not just the kids!) went to Frog Lake (not sure that is an official name - it may be just a swampy area) but apparently there aren't many frogs left. In 2005 we came with my sister and kids and there were many, many frogs although it seemed that most had only 3 legs and a stump. Maybe whatever caused that made them go away.

Wednesday the mister and J1 went up to the cabin for lunch and to hang out. J2 and I stayed at the ranch until after his nap then we headed up with my MIL. We had dinner there again and played some more Mexican Train. The boys had gone to the lake earlier in the day to watch another cousin fish and I guess J1 caught a fish too. I am supposed to get pics of that so I will post them if I do. J1 and the mister stayed up at the cabin that night and J2 and I rode back with my MIL to stay at the ranch. The cabin is only a one room place with a loft so having the baby there doesn't make much sense.



On Thursday my MIL and I drove to town again so I could get some diaper cream and we had yummy treats from Dairy Queen. J2 fell asleep on the way there so we drove around the valley being tourists until he woke up. Shortly after that, the mister and J1 arrived back at the ranch. We headed to town to watch his cousin show a steer at the Baker County Fair. It was pretty fun to watch the kids with the animals and I was sitting by the mister's Uncle G who had stories of his youth and also the scoop on what made each animal good or bad. The floor of the arena was covered in sand and there were some boys playing underneath the bleachers so J1 wanted to go play with them. I didn't want to let him just because it was so dirty but Uncle G convinced me I should and not worry about a little dirt. I know he is right but... Anyway, I let him go down but stayed close so I could keep an eye on him - so much for watching steer. After that we were supposed to go to dinner with another cousin but the boys were not in the mood - the steer-watching lasted until about 7:30 which is just too late to try to wrangle them at a restaurant. The mister went and we just came home and ate. We are planning on going back to the fair today (Friday) to look around and see the exhibits.

No comments:

Post a Comment