Saturday, August 15, 2009

Vacation wrap up

Friday we headed to the county fair at around 1:30. There was a bit more steer-watching to do and then on to the exhibits. We left J2 at the ranch with my MIL since he was sleeping and probably couldn't care less about looking at quilts and stuff. He may have liked the animals but he would have been in the backpack anyway so maybe not.


We watched the steer for just a little bit and then we visited animals. We looked at sheep and cows but somehow missed the pigs. Apparently there was a mama with like 8 babies. Sad to have missed that. Then we moved on to a tent with birds and bunnies. There was a huge turkey, some very cute ducks and so many cute bunnies. Also chickens but they aren't so cute. One had laid an egg which was sort of funny - doesn't seem like a conducive atmosphere for egg-laying but who am I to judge? The mister's cousin knew one of the girls that had bunnies so J1 got to hold one.





They had these super cute and fuzzy bunnies so I took a picture for my sister. She used to love bunnies - maybe she still does.

As we were walking out, there were a bunch of tractors so of course J1 had to "drive" all of them. He couldn't get into one so he sat on the tire instead - it was taller than he was!


We left the boys with my MIL that night and headed to dinner with the cousins and their kids. It was so yummy! That was pretty much it for our vacation. We headed out the next morning at about 10. We stopped in The Dalles for a break for the kids at this great park where they were also having a car show - fun for all boys in my family!



It was a good time but it was great to be home too.

1 comment:

  1. OMG OMG OMg how did I miss this post? SORRY I LOVE THE BUNNIES! and the green suit on J2 also. I recently made T take me to an island across the bay just to see wild bunnies. I have baby bunnies from Dad & CNore's house as wallpaper. I want bunnies running through my yard! (afraid the eagles would eat them)

    ReplyDelete