Monday, June 15, 2009

My sister made me...

So my sister has been bugging me to start up a blog - I guess so she can easily see pictures of the boys. I have been meaning to for a while but have been hesitant because I just don't need another time-suck in my life. What the heck though, maybe if I blog the goings-on in my life I will actually have the information to fill out J2's baby book when (or if) I ever have time. Must suck being the second born - maybe 1/10th the pictures taken of him, barely filled out baby book, hand-me-down toys and clothes. I don't remember those things though, and I am the baby, so there is hope for J2 skipping therapy. I am saving money just in case... As far as I know, our mom didn't finish either of our baby books so no bitterness there. And in most of the pictures we have, it is the two of us together. I did have some therapy though, back in the day, so I guess those may not be the best indicators.

Today I got out and walked before the mister left for work and way before the boys woke up. It was so nice to get out and it was fairly cool too. Only had to wear my coat for a bit though. And shockingly enough, there were quite a few people out walking - apparently this isn't a new, novel idea I had!

I went to Costco with D, my bff, yesterday. Just for milk, eggs, that sort of thing. I ended up leaving with a digital camera (a Nikon L100). My old one was 3 years old and had been dropped numerous times. It was pretty tough though because for all the drops, I only had to get the battery door fixed. Well, until the last time anyway. I was visiting my highschool friend KVS and we were taking kids to the Point Defiance Zoo (http://www.pdza.org/) - a fine zoo with just about the best view ever! Anyway, got one picture and then dropped it again. I guess it had just reached its limit. My video camera does take stills but they aren't great and it doesn't have a flash. Anyway, my new goal is to *always* use the neck strap and hope for the best. Who has money for new cameras all the time? This did result in conking the baby on the head with the camera but I'll get the hang of it.

Speaking of babies - J2 is on the verge of walking. He actually just took one step while I was typing this. Must get the video camera ready. The boys are on the floor fighting over Legos. Seriously, there are hundreds of Legos down there and yet, still a fight. Foreshadowing things to come for sure. Ugh.

My new computer is off today finally for my computer dude to load XP. I was fine sticking with my old one for another year or two but the motherboard had other ideas. I am not really interested in Vista and I get mixed reactions when I ask but most people recommend XP. Some leaned heavily on Macs but with my QuickBooks needs, that just won't work. So I am "downgrading" to XP and having my old hard drive added to my new one. I am currently using my old old computer and it is the slowest thing ever. Feel glad most of the time that I actually have something to work on at all but sometimes I want to toss it out the window.

Okay, that's enough random crap - pretty much what it will be all the time though. That's just how my mind works.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! Ha ha ha! Another addict....

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray! We need pics everyday, K? Or at least 2-3x a week :)

    ReplyDelete